In honor of our Scholarship Chair, founding Board member, colleague, and dear friend, the ABPA Board has unanimously voted to rename our scholarship program the Dr. Timothy George Scholarship.
Dr. George was passionate about providing underrepresented black students the opportunity to attend MCAT prep courses to help bolster minority representation in medicine.
The Austin Black Physicians Association is proud to offer scholarships for MCAT preparation courses.
In an effort to increase underrepresented minorities in U.S. Medical Schools, we intend to provide MCAT prep course certificates to those applicants who are chosen.
To apply, you must meet the following criteria:
- From an underrepresented or minority population
- 3rd or 4th-year student at a Texas college/university
- Post-graduate Texas resident
- Planning to take the MCAT in 2023
- Planning to attend medical school
Application Deadline: October 14, 2022
Awardees are required to attend a virtual information meeting on December 6, 2022, at 6:30 pm.